Monday 18 July 2011

The Standards

or

“Get out of that comfort zone NOW!”


During my search for models to practice my skills, I encountered some interesting replies…  One of them was: “You have to come take pictures of the band I recently joined!”  Now, I am not a rock and roll-type of girl.  But since I seem to get along with the majority of human beings I encounter, I felt compelled to give this a try.

That’s how I met The Standards.  I attended their last practice session before they played in a charity gig late June.  The studio where their practice took place is an interesting space, if a little dark for photography purpose.  That makes you love your 50mm f1.4 lens… and wish your camera (D200) could go to higher ISO without too much problems!

I felt a bit bad for them, as they played better at their practice session than they did live.  They were still good though and I found myself swaying gently to the music as I walked around them to shoot action shots.  Below are some of my favourite shots.  Of course I took some more "classic" ones too; you know, the type of pictures where you can see the musicians' face properly... ;)

Any rock band (or any musician) reading this?  Let me know if I can “invade” your practice session or your next gig.  Just don’t be offended if I put on some earplugs; it’s just so I can stand comfortably in front of those blazing 7 feet high speakers, where the angle is just perfect to shoot you! ;)









1 comment: