Saturday 30 April 2011

Daniela and the Trent Engine


After the difficulties I encountered with my lighting when I photographed Matilda, I compulsively listened to way too many online tutorials studied a bit more before heading to Daniela’s place for her portrait session.

My efforts were definitively rewarded; the indoor session did go noticeably better than last time around.   I even managed some shots using “classic” lighting techniques, some of them producing rather nice results.  The outdoor shots were also nice although I humbly admit that I should put some work to improve my use of natural light.  I should not be too hard on myself though; some of them are still nice.

What’s the link with the Trent Engine, you may ask?

At the beginning of 2011, I revived my old Flickr account and started to post more pictures as they became available.  This includes all sorts of pictures, including some from a visit at Duxford Imperial War Museum.  For inexplicable reason, my picture of a Trent Engine has been hugely popular on Flickr.  It is a nice picture but I am still puzzled at the fact that it was my most seen pictures for a rather long time.

That was before Daniela.  The first picture shown below had more views in its first 24 hours on Flickr than the Trent Engine ever had.  Daniela blushed a little bit when I told her about this; I am not sure she expected so much attention!  Anyhow, here are some of my favourite pictures from this session... as well as the picture of the Trent Engine.







No comments:

Post a Comment