Sunday 10 April 2011

How did I get here?

I always loved taking pictures.  For all sorts of reasons, I have not been able to explore photography properly while growing up.  You know, these things get costly quite rapidly…

Then came digital photography.  Thanks to my day job, I had a computer and intermediate Photoshop skills.  Santa bought me a nice "point and shoot" camera.  Oh joy!

Then I met that guy…  Among the wonderful things about him was a passion for photography, complete with a DSLR camera.  Soon I had one too.  Of the same brand than his so I could steal borrow all his stuff… 

Curiously, we don’t photograph the same things at all.  He likes landscapes and highly technical photographs.  I deeply loathe getting up at 5 AM to take pictures…  I love portraiture.  He hates it.  In some ways it’s actually a good thing.  We admire and give each other advices, but we don't/can't compare.

You want to know a big dirty secret?  These days, I shoot much more with his camera than with my own.  I am saving my pennies to buy a better one in few months but for now this is my best option.  I keep asking if he minds.  He keeps saying that he doesn’t.  I think it was a pretty good idea to marry him.

I am getting fairly good at grasping opportunity to take pictures.  A baby to entertain for an hour?  Get the camera out.  Christmas party to attend and not in the mood at all?  Just bring the camera.   You see the picture…

(None of them are very recent, FYI.)









No comments:

Post a Comment