Tuesday 5 April 2011

My Resolution for 2011?

I am not usually the sort of person who takes New Year Resolutions.  Even less so the sort of person who keeps them.  I do think being too predictable is boring though, and that one should do things boldly or not bother at all…  That is how I ended up making a “Resolution Plan for 2011” at the end of last year. 

1- Take time to develop my photography skills.
2- Focus my efforts on my newly found love: photographing people.
3- Test the waters to see if there were any chance of doing this professionally.

That is how I ended up at the SWPP for 2 days last January.  I spent two 12-hours days attending master classes and exploring all things wedding/portrait photography.  I got so excited that I forgot to feel tired.

I invested my pocket money in a new professional lens and in some rather good lighting accessories.  I took a class on multiple Speedlights (flash) photography.  Then I started to recruit volunteers amongst my friends and acquaintances.  Some even said yes!!!

I spent a little less time than I should tidying up the flat and exercising at the gym.  But on the whole, it’s been a long time since I felt this excited about a project.

I think this is going to be the easiest resolution to keep EVER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment